Monday, May 18, 2009

Stevie the Spermie


100_0859
Originally uploaded by tangledskeins

My friend Steph and her hubby Steve are trying for their 8th child. In honor of that momentous feat, I made up this little keychain buddy. (I've since had another friend inquire about a baby toy sized version, so keep an eye out!)
Stevie the Spermie

Head:
With worsted weight yarn and size 4 dpn's, cast on 6 stitches.
(example uses Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in cloud)
R1-k6 around
R2-*k1, m1, k1* around
R3-*k2, m1, k1* around
R4-*k3, m1, k1* around
R5-*k4, m1, k1* around
R6-*k5, m1, k1* around
R7 to R9-k around
R10-k2tog, k3, k2tog
R11-k2tog, k1, k2tog
R12-k2tog, k1, k2tog
*do not bind off

Stuff Stevie's head with a tiny bit of polyfill or yarn scraps before continuing with the tail.

Tail:
R12+-3 stitch-cord for one inch
k2tog, cont. 2 stitch I cord for 1/2 inch
k2tog, cont single stitch for 1/2 inch.
bind off, leave a long tail.

Embroider his little face on with a scrap of dark wool (I used KP WotA in coal)

I fulled this little guy a bit by hand so the stitch definition would be less, but it really isn't necessary. After he had dried, I trimmed the yarn tail to about a quarter inch, and added a cute heart keychain fob.
Stevie the Spermie with keychain

Pin It

4 comments:

Gloria P. said...

Cool!

SnowAngel337 said...

*ROTFL* Thats fantastic! I love it!!

xxxxxx said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

b r m said...

my mom works at a fertility clinic. i plan on making this for her. :)