Monday, March 23, 2009

Simple eyelet-edged mitts


000_0075
Originally uploaded by tangledskeins
These patterns are for 2 lengths with the same basic design. The design is very simple, and is a great project for practicing with dpn's. They are also very fast to work up, for those that like instant gratification, LOL. Cute in solid colors, as well as verigated (which awesomely in the colors I have worked up, leads to a cute striped effect!) :)

For both versions, cast on 30 stitches on size 8 dpns, using your preferred cast on (I used the long-tail method)

Short version:
000_0078000_0077
K1P1 rib for 15 rounds

K for 10 rounds

Bind off 8 stitches, continue knitting around

Cast on 8 stitches, continue knitting around

K 8 rounds

K2Tog y/o around

K 3 rounds

Bind off, Repeat for second mitt.



Long version:
000_0079
K1P1 rib for 10 rounds

K for 30 rounds

Bind off 8 stitches, continue knitting around

Cast on 8 stitches, continue knitting around

K 8 rounds

K2Tog y/o around

K 3 rounds

Bind off, Repeat for second mitt.

*edit...forgot the y/o in the k2tog rounds...oops!

Pin It

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll try them...although I have never knitted in the round. I wouldn't know what to do with so many needles...hehe
I'll try to improvise knitting them flat.
Beautiful pattern.
Thanks for sharing.
8-)

Gloria P. said...

Cute...the kids just love those fingless gloves. I signed up for a beginners knitting class this spring...I can't wait; I want to learn how to knit so badly.

I taught myself how to crochet but don't think I can teach myself how to knit but I know I can learn.

Suzetta said...

Worsted weight yarn?

Amy said...

yep...worsted weight...I tend to keep more of that on hand so a lot of my patterns are for ww ;)