Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Playsilks!!

I got the playsilks I ordered for the little ones today...
They arrived individually wrapped and plain white...
Photobucket
The girls had a blast opening all of the packages and stuffing them in the vinegar/water bath to soak.

We went to town dying...we used leftover easter egg dyes for some of them, and drink mixes (kool-aid, etc.) for the rest, with the stovetop method....basically throw a few packets of mix, a glug of vinegar and a few cups of water in a large pot, heat it up, toss in a silk or two, submerge in the dye, and stir for a few minutes while the color soaks into the silk, then pull it off the heat when all or most of the color is in the silk, and rinse in cool water until it runs clear, wring out, and hang outside. Later I will give them a wash and dry in the machine to set the colors well. I couldn't find my gloves, so my hands got a good dying too, LOL

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And now my girlies have a fun new activity!!

Photobucket

The nice neat pile didn't last much longer than it took me to snap the pic, LOL...I knew that they would have a blast with these!

ETA>>>

Reilly really took to them...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

And so did Mady...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pin It

1 comment:

martine said...

My little ones are now all big and I miss the days when they dressed up in random pieces of fabric and played fantastic games, your pictures of your girls reminded me so vividly. Much love Martine